May 31, 2011 – Austin, TX. The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) announces that nominations for this year’s FGS Youth Award will be accepted through July 15, 2011.
The FGS Outreach Committee is accepting nominations for the FGS 2011 Youth Award, which honors volunteers under the age of 18 who have made a significant contribution to an FGS member society.
Nominees must be affiliated with an FGS member society, and be eighteen or younger as of July 15, 2011.
Nominations should be submitted via email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2011 and include the following:
- The society and contact information (include the society president and/or FGS delegate)
- The youth’s name and contact information.
- A brief description of the youth’s contribution to your society
The award will be presented on Thursday, September 8th during the opening sessions. Award recipient will receive:
- Complimentary registration of the FGS 2011 Conference.
- A write-up in the FGS FORUM.
- The award recipient and member society will each receive a copy of the award winning book Family History for Kids by Emma Jolly.
- RootsMagic package that includes RootsMagic (program and book), Personal Historian and Family Atlas.
- Many other materials from genealogical vendors.
The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) was founded in 1976 and represents the members of hundreds of genealogical societies. FGS links the genealogical community by helping genealogical societies strengthen and grow through resources available online, FGS Forum magazine (filled with articles pertaining to society management and genealogical news), and Society Strategy Series papers, covering topics about effectively operating a genealogical society. FGS also links the genealogical community through its annual conference -- four days of excellent lectures, including one full day devoted to society management topics. To learn more visit http://www.fgs.org.