Next year’s PMC will take place the week after the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) and the day before RootsTech, so make your plans now to spend a little or a lot of time in Salt Lake City early next year to hone your professional and genealogical skills.
The 2012 PMC theme, “Techniques, Tools, and Technology” is intended to take advantage of the unique confluence of events in SLC, and build on traditional techniques and tools using today’s technology. We hope to have a good mix of skill-building topics for those entering the professional, as well as advanced techniques for the seasoned professional. Please consider submitting in your area of expertise.
We hope to see you in Salt Lake City in February 2012.
Here is the Call for Papers:
CALL FOR PAPERS
Professional Management Conference (PMC) sponsored by the Association of Professional Genealogists
1 February 2012
Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Salt Lake City, Utah
Techniques, Tools, and Technology
*****Deadline for Submissions: 15 July 2011*****
Lecture proposals for the 2012 Professional Management Conference are now being accepted. The PMC encourages all members of the genealogical profession to look at ways to improve both their genealogical and their business skills.
- Challenge genealogical professionals to think outside the box.
- Help professionals evaluate and review their current business.
- Encourage professionals to meet the demands of the twenty-first-century client.
Proposals should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org either in Microsoft Word or PDF format and should include the following:
- Name, address, telephone, fax, and e-mail address of speaker
- Title of the presentation
- Detailed description of the presentation
- Short one-sentence summary for the program brochure
- Short one-sentence biography for the program brochure
- Biography of 150 words for publicity and the PMC syllabus
- Audio visual requirements
- List of lectures given in the last 18 months including topic and location