Free Seminar on Finding Your Purpose in Life Using a Three-Word Journal
The Riverton FamilySearch Library Hosts Event
on August 20th from 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Have you wanted to keep a journal of important life events, but just don’t have the time? Family history enthusiasts will want to take advantage of a free seminar to be held on Saturday, August 20th at the Riverton FamilySearch Library to learn creative ways to accomplish this goal in record time. Keynote speaker Randal Wright will be speaking on “The Three-Word Journal: Finding Your Purpose in Life.” His presentation teaches you how to recall the meaningful experiences in your life by summarizing each into three well-chosen words in approximately 10 seconds. These three words can later be expanded into a full journal entry that becomes part of your life history.
Randal A. Wright obtained a Ph.D. in Family Studies from Brigham Young University. He has worked with the LDS Church Educational System for many years and also taught in the religion department at BYU. He is the author of several books including: The Three Word Journal; Achieving Your Life Mission; 25 Mistakes LDS Parents Make; Protecting Your Family in an X-rated World and The Case for Chastity. He has been a frequent speaker at Education Week and Especially for Youth. He and his wife, Wendy, live in Austin, Texas, and are the parents of five married children and have 14 grandchildren.
Following the keynote presentation, there will be two blocks of four classes that will cover topics of interest to both beginning and advanced family history enthusiasts.
Classes to be held from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. are:
· “New FamilySearch Advanced Issues: Part 1” Cathy Anderegg
· “Pennsylvania Research, An Overview” Tim Bingaman
· “The Google Genealogist” Devin Ashby
· “You sNEWS, You Lose: Using Newspapers in Research” Bret Petersen
The classes available from 11:00 a.m. to noon are:
· “New FamilySearch Advanced Issues: Part 2” Cathy Anderegg
· “Synchronizing PAF 5 Data with New FamilySearch Using Ancestral Quest, the Program from which PAF 5 Was Derived” - Paul Johnson
· “Research Strategies and Websites” Diana Toland
· “FamilySearch and Billion Graves: Family History Sources Right at Your Feet” Tim Cross
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 Market Center Drive, Riverton, Utah. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of The Home Depot.