Records for 50 Scottish burial sites being added
First records online now!
- www.deceasedonline.com is uploading tens of thousands of headstone and memorial transcriptions from over 50 burial grounds and cemeteries across Scotland over the next few weeks.
- Data for the first 15+ burial grounds mostly in the Highlands region are immediately available with records for Dundee, Edinburgh, Lanarkshire, the Lothians, Perth and other areas to be added shortly.
- Users can search these records specifically by using advanced search, selecting ‘collections. They can then either purchase access to a whole cemetery/churchyard collection or, for a reduced fee, just the subset of headstone images with inscriptions containing specific surnames.
- Useful tip: once you have purchased a collection or subset there is the facility to search the collection for anything. For example, you can search for such words as ‘drowned’ or ‘killed’ and all relevant references from memorial inscriptions will be highlighted.
- The records date back to the 17th century with many from remote burial sites. See full details in the database coverage section at www.deceasedonline.com.
- Once again, Deceased Online will be exhibiting at the UK’s leading genealogy and family history event, Who Do You Think You Are Live, at London Olympia, 24-26 February.
- Read about the exhibition at: http://www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.com/
- We’ll be launching new datasets and an exciting new service for regular users of www.deceasedonline.com.