"The 2011 Jamboree app introduced a completely new aspect to genealogy conferences. It provided advanced communication and scheduling capabilities and added to the overall experience," explained Leo Myers, Jamboree chair. "We were honored that other conferences followed Jamboree's lead and rolled out their own conference apps."
The App offers many useful features to the attendees
- Interactive show schedule - review the schedule in advance and add the sessions to your calendar in just one click.
- Exhibitor listings and product searches - Find out which exhibitors are there to help solve your research problems.
- Exhibit hall floor map - use the map to plot your shopping strategy.
- Speaker bios and information - search for your favorite speakers' sessions and then add them to your schedule
- Show alerts - get instant updates of room changes, reminders of special events, unconference sessions, etc.
- Twitter and Blog updates - Follow #scgs12 tweets and post yours from within the app.
- Exhibitor e-brochures and product information available for download.
- Syllabus articles will be available for download before Jamboree. View them in your iPad, print them, or move them onto your Kindle, Nook or other e-reader.
More information about the app can be found on the Jamboree website.
About Jamboree and SCGS: The 43rd Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree will be held at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel on Friday through Sunday, June 8th to 10th, 2012. Separate events, the full-day Family History Writers Conference and Tech Track computer classes, will be held on Thursday. Jamboree is one of the most popular genealogical events in the United States. The conference features over 100 lecture classes, 70+ commercial vendors, societies and heritage groups and other organizations in the exhibit floor, and several special events and opportunities to socialize and relax. Free sessions will be held for beginning genealogists, librarians, and genealogical society leaders.
Jamboree is produced by the Southern California Genealogical Society, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is managed entirely by volunteer members. The Society operates a 40,000 volume genealogical library at 417 Irving Drive in Burbank.
More information can be found at www.scgsgenealogy.com.