Congratulations and thank you to all of the volunteers participating in this unprecedented genealogical community effort. Currently more than 20 states are at or above 85 percent complete. Six states—Delaware, Colorado, Kansas, Oregon, Virginia, and New Hampshire—are now indexed and searchable by name, location, and family relations. And thanks to the efforts of more than 100,000 volunteers, more states will be added in the coming weeks. Follow the day-to-day indexing status at the1940census.com dashboard and search completed states at familysearch.org/1940census.
Current and Completed Projects
To view a list of currently available indexing projects, along with their record language and completion percentage, visit the FamilySearch indexing updates page. To learn more about individual projects, view the FamilySearch projects page.
New Projects Added
- Argentina, Santa Fe, Santa Rosa de Calchines y Rosario—Registros Parroquiales, 1888–1927
- Deutschland, Mecklenburg, Schwerin—1867 Volkszählung [Teil B]
- Italia, Nuoro—Stato Civile, 1866–1910
- Nederland, Gelderland—Geboorten burgelijke stand, 1811–1902 [Part 2]
- Norway—1875 Federal Census [Part F]
- Panamá—Registros Parroquiales, 1748–1972 [Parte 1]
- Slovensko, Prešov—štátny oblastný archív záznamov cirkvi, 1592–1935 [Časť A]
- Sverige, Örebro—Kyrkoböcker till 1860 [Del 6]
- Sverige, Uppsala—Kyrkoböcker till 1860 [Del 4]
- Venezuela, Maracaibo—Registros Parroquiales, 1723–1976
View the FamilySearch projects page to see the full list of available projects and to learn more about how to participate in various projects.
Recently Completed Projects
Note: Recently completed projects have been removed from the available online indexing batches and will now go through a final completion check process. They will be published at familysearch.org in the near future.
- Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Part 2 J]
- U.S., Indiana—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Nevada—1940 Federal Census
- Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 2 H]
- U.S., Texas—Deaths, 1890–1976 [Part B]
- U.S., Wyoming—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Alaska—1940 Federal Census
- Italia, Napoli, Castellammare di Stabia—Atti di Nascita, 1809–1885, Part 1
- U.S., Arizona—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Florida—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Texas—County Marriages 1837–1977 [Part C]
- U.S., Idaho—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Vermont—1940 Federal Census
- UK, England and Wales—1871 Census for Lincolnshire, Cheshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Rutland
- Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 2 E]
- U.S., Montana—1940 Federal Census
- U.S., Veterans Pension Cards, 1907–1933 [Part A]
- U.S., Mississippi—1940 Federal Census
- Canada, Ontario—Marriages, 1869–1927 [Part B]
FamilySearch International is the largest genealogy organization in the world. FamilySearch is a nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Millions of people use FamilySearch records, resources, and services to learn more about their family history. To help in this great pursuit, FamilySearch and its predecessors have been actively gathering, preserving, and sharing genealogical records worldwide for over 100 years. Patrons may access FamilySearch services and resources free online at FamilySearch.org or through over 4,600 family history centers in 132 countries, including the main Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.