The study was based on a quantitative analysis of traffic statistics to the top 100 genealogy websites. It answers such questions as:
- How fast is genealogy growing on the internet?
- What are the fastest growing genealogy websites?
- How widespread is genealogy growing on the internet?
- Which countries are experiencing the strongest internet growth in genealogy?
- Which sectors of genealogy are growing the fastest on the internet?
- How are free genealogy websites growing compared to paid genealogy websites?
- How effective are genealogy websites at getting inbound links.
Most studies and surveys of the field of genealogy are based on anecdotal evidence (asking who, what, when, where and why questions). The GenealogyInTime Magazine study provides a rare example of a genealogy survey based on hard statistics.
The study is entitled “Top Trends in Genealogy” and can be found at
www.genealogyintime.com/GenealogyResources/Articles/top trends in genealogy page 01.html