Diana Crisman Smith and Gary Smith share hints for tracing Hawkeye State family history in Family Tree University program
Have Hawkeye heritage? Well, then you've lucked out: Iowa state censuses are an especially lucrative resource for genealogists. Discover how to plunder this and other treasure troves of ancestral information in Family Tree University's upcoming webinar: Iowa Genealogy Crash Course on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
Expert presenters Diana Crisman Smith and Gary Smith will teach you:
- Basic Iowa history, from early French exploration to agricultural expansion
- What vital records are available and where you can find them online
- Strategies for tracing American Indian, French, English, Irish and other ethnic ancestors in Iowa
- How to find Iowa land records using the Bureau of Land Management's General Land Office database
- Tips for using the Iowa Genealogical Society library in Des Moines
- Best websites for Iowa research
Plus: This webinar comes with two free downloads: a copy of our Iowa Research Guide and the article Good Deeds: A Beginner's Guide to Land Records.
So whether your ancestors were at home in the American Heartland or just passing through the Corn Belt, get answers to your Iowa genealogy inquiries: Register by October 25 to get the early bird rate of $39.99 ($10 savings).
Can't make the live presentation? No worries! Every registrant receives a copy of the recording to watch as many times as you wish, along with a PDF of the slides and handouts for reference.
See ShopFamilyTree.com for more details about this and other Family Tree University webinars.
About Family Tree University
Family Tree University is part of the Genealogy Community at F+W Media, Inc., which also encompasses Family Tree Magazine—America’s most popular family history magazine—the Family Tree Books imprint and the ShopFamilyTree.com online store. These publications and products are devoted to providing engaging, easy-to-understand instruction that makes genealogy a hobby anyone can do. In addition to the virtual conference, Family Tree University offers more than 30 online genealogy courses and monthly live webinars.