Let country roads take you home to your Mountain State ancestors in this Family Tree University presentation
Is your ancestry buried in the Mountain State? Discover how to dig into your West Virginia roots in Family Tree University's upcoming webinar West Virginia Genealogy Crash Course on Wednesday, Nov. 28.
Presenter Sunny Jane Morton will cover key tips for finding your Appalachian family, such as the fact that for some family researchers, West Virginia tax records may be even more lucrative than census records:
- Taxes were assessed since 1600s, whereas census data only exists today since early 1800s
- Tax records reveal information about ancestor’s lifestyle and material wealth
- Find details such as how many men and boys were in a taxpayer's household, and before emancipation, how many slaves
- See detailed info about the types of carriages, furniture, musical instruments and other luxury items belonging to your ancestors
- And, of course, discover information about income, investments, bonds, rent collected and other types of generated wealth
So let country roads take you home in this crash course on West Virginia genealogy: Register by Wednesday, Nov. 21 to get the early bird rate of $39.99 ($10 savings).
Can't make the live presentation? No worries! Every registrant receives a copy of the recording to watch as many times as you wish, along with a PDF of the slides and handouts for reference.
See ShopFamilyTree.com for more details about this and other Family Tree University webinars.
About Family Tree University
Family Tree University is part of the Genealogy Community at F+W Media, Inc., which also encompasses Family Tree Magazine—America’s most popular family history magazine—the Family Tree Books imprint and the ShopFamilyTree.com online store. These publications and products are devoted to providing engaging, easy-to-understand instruction that makes genealogy a hobby anyone can do. In addition to the virtual conference, Family Tree University offers more than 30 online genealogy courses and monthly live webinars.