2013 Utah Genealogical Association South Davis Family History Fair Saturday April 20, 2013
Proposals are now being accepted for the 2013 Utah Genealogical Association South Davis Family History Fair which will be held Friday and Saturday April 19- 20, 2013 at Woods Cross High School (600 West 2200 South Woods Cross, Utah).
Each presentation will be 60 minutes in length, which includes time for questions and answers. Each presentation should reflect the latest status of research and publication on the topic. Please do not submit more than eight proposals.
Additionally, are you willing to provide one-on-one research assistance? UGA would like to offer Ask a Genealogist services. Search sessions will last 60 minutes in length, and conference attendees must register for these services by specific geographic location or record type. Communication will be available for the genealogist and conference attendee before the conference if you are interested in accessing that material. If you are willing to work in this forum, please email your area of specialization such as include in your submission the following: “Ask a Genealogist” – UK Census Records. Please be as broad or as specific as you are comfortable assisting another individual.
The deadline for proposals is Monday, January 14, 2013. We welcome proposals that allow participants to gain new skills and helpful information in the following areas:
- Beginners: Those getting started in family history, those who have never done research, or other beginner topics
- Online Research: Using computers, technology and the Internet for family history research, Genealogical websites, etc.
- Technology: Family History databases and programs, getting teenagers involved, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, GPS, APPs for Smartphones, IPADs, YouTube, EBooks, digital photography, audio recording, etc.
- Research Methodology: Beginning, intermediate, and advanced research methodology in the:
o Research process, pedigree analysis, evidence evaluation, tracing immigrants, record sources, etc.
o United States—state and regional topics
o British Isles (England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland)
o Other countries/ international regions such as Mexico, Latin America, France, Italy, etc.
- LDS Research: Sources, records, methodologies for researching Latter-day Saints
- FamilySearch: Tools, topics, collaboration, Family History Center support and family history consultant training, etc.
- Family History: Family organizations, family collaboration, writing, editing and publishing family history, etc.
- Full name of the presenter
- A brief biographical sketch of the presenter for the syllabus (50 words maximum)
- Title of the presentation
- Class description (50 words maximum) including detailed information about the main topics to be discussed in the class
- Audience skill level (all, beginner, intermediate, or advanced)
- Medium of presentation
o Internet (requires screen shot backup in case of Internet failure)
- Any audiovisual equipment needed
- Current e-mail, mailing address, telephone number(s)
- Lecture experience
Speakers participating in the Conference will receive:
- Complimentary registration
- Conference syllabus on CD