Family History Daily, an online magazine and community blog launching in late January, is looking for writers interested in sharing their work. The new site will be a place where family historians can come together to share ideas, discover resources, news and tips, read stories from fellow genealogists and find inspiration and support.
Family History Daily is looking for regular bloggers who would like to write on a weekly or monthly basis as well as individuals or organizations who would like to submit a single or occasional article. All topics related to genealogy are welcome.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- location or surname specific research information
- tips and how-to for conducting, compiling and presenting research
- information about helpful resources
- genealogy news and product reviews
- personal stories of genealogical discovery
- fun bits of information from your family's history: photos, recipes, inspiring events or people
- unsolved research questions or brick walls you would like to share
- opinion and commentary, including humor
- expert information and guidance
- unique and underrepresented family history topics and subtopics
Family History Daily cannot offer monetary compensation to writers but all contributors will be encouraged to share information about, and link back to, their current blogs, projects or organizations to increase awareness of their work.
To find out more about becoming a writer with Family History Daily please send your ideas to email@example.com.
To find out when the site launches please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, follow Family History Daily on facebook or visit the website at familyhistorydaily.com.