One Week to Purchase Tickets for Meals, Tours, and Pre-Conference Events for the NGS 2013 Family History Conference
ARLINGTON, VA, 16 APRIL 2013: The NGS 2013 Family History Conference will be held 8–11 May 2013 at the Las Vegas Hotel and Casino (LVH), Las Vegas, Nevada. Register within the week to select any meals or pre-conference events or tours you plan to attend. Pre-registration ends on Monday, 22 April 2013, which includes meals and tours sales. On-site conference registration opens Tuesday, 7 May 2013, 12:00 p.m.−7:00 p.m. Meals and pre-conference tours and events must be purchased by 22 April 2013. They cannot be purchased on-site at the conference.
You don’t want to miss this year’s exciting conference program from 8–11 May at the LVH-Las Vegas Hotel and Casino. For conference information and to register, go to http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/conference_info.
Space is still available for most conference social activities including meal events and the Tuesday bus tours. The BCG Education Fund Workshop is sold out. To be placed on the wait list, e-mail NGS conference registrar, Courtney Holmes, at email@example.com.
Breakfasts, Luncheons, and the NGS Banquet
Participating organizations sponsor several breakfasts and luncheons during the conference, and the NGS Banquet is an event not to be missed! Make your reservation by the deadline, 22 April, at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/attendee_registration. Tickets for social events will not be sold on-site. Breakfasts are $28; luncheons are $32; and the banquet is $51. Menus are in the registration brochure at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/galleries/new-gallery/2013_Conference_Registration_Brochure_20_November.pdf.
Las Vegas Area Tours
There’s still time to sign up for three exciting Las Vegas area tours on Tuesday, 7 May. Tour tickets are available only until 22 April 2013.
- Hoover Dam and Ethel M. Chocolates Tour: This six-hour tour allows participants to explore the rich history of the Hoover Dam, enjoy a buffet lunch, and tour a chocolate factory and botanical garden.
- Museum Tour: Tour the 30-acre Clark County Museum and the National Atomic Testing Museum in this five-hour tour.
- Night Tour: Experience the full brilliance of neon Las Vegas in a five-hour tour of the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown!
For more information, please see Las Vegas Area Tours at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/conferences_events/annual_conference/las_vegas_area_tours.
Add Items to an Existing Registration
Meals and pre-conference events and tours cannot be purchased on-site. Ticket sales close 22 April 2013.
- Pre-Conference Events and Tours: log on at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org, click on My Account, and then select Upcoming Events.
- Meals: log on at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org, click on My Account, select My Events, and then click to Add Sessions
Founded in 1903, the National Genealogical Society is dedicated to genealogy education, high research standards, and the preservation of genealogical records. The Arlington, Virginia-based nonprofit is the premier national society for everyone, from the beginner to the most advanced family historian seeking excellence in publications, educational offerings, research guidance, and opportunities to interact with other genealogists.