April 28, 2014 – Austin, TX. Genealogy bloggers, societies, writers and editors are invited to participate in the Federation of Genealogical Societies 2014 Conference by becoming FGS 2014 Ambassadors. Ambassadors help to spread information about the FGS 2014 Conference in San Antonio, Texas, August 27-30, 2014, through social media to their friends, colleagues, and everyone interested in genealogy.
FGS 2014 Ambassadors will be:
- Writing about the conference on their blog.
- Using the hashtag #FGS2014 on Twitter.
- Mentioning FGS 2014 on Facebook, Google Plus, and other social networks.
- Letting their local historical and genealogical societies know about the conference.
Benefits to FGS 2014 Ambassadors:
- Ambassador badge logo to display on your website.
- Giveaways for active ambassadors, including conference registrations and discounts, special event tickets, and more.
- Potential to be guest blogger on FGS Conference Blog.
- Link to your blog or website on the FGS Conference blog’s Ambassador Page
- Part of Twitter list of FGS 2014 Ambassadors.
- Ambassador badge ribbon at the conference.
Learn More about FGS 2014 and Stay Connected
- Visit the conference website at http://www.fgsconference.org.
- Find the latest news on the conference blog at http://www.fgsconference.org/blog.com.
- Like the conference on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FGSgenealogy.
- Follow the conference on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/FGSgenealogy and hashtag #FGS2014.
The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) was founded in 1976 and represents the members of hundreds of genealogical societies. FGS links the genealogical community by helping genealogical societies strengthen and grow through resources available online, FGS FORUM magazine (filled with articles for the family history community), and Society Strategy Series papers, covering topics about effectively operating a genealogical society. FGS also links the genealogical community through its annual conference — four days of excellent lectures, including one full day devoted to society management topics. To learn more visit http://www.fgs.org.
Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FGSgenealogy), Twitter (http://www.facebook.com/FGSgenealogy) and on our blog at (http://voice.fgs.org).