Registration for SLIG 2015 opens on Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM Mountain Time! Pick your course, so that you are ready to enroll when registration opens as there are limited seats and the courses fill fast. The following tracks are being offered:
- The Family History Law Library (Judy Russell, JD, CG, CGL and Rick Sayre, CG, CGL)
- Beyond the Library: Researching in Original Resource Repositories (John Colletta, Ph.D., FUGA)
- Advanced Genealogical Methods (Thomas W. Jones, Ph.D., CG, CGL, FASG, FUGA, FNGS)
- Finding Immigrant Origins (David Ouimette, CG)
- Advanced German Research (F. Warren Bittner, CG)
- Advanced Research Tools: Post-War Military Records (Craig R. Scott, CG, FUGA)
- Resources & Strategies for United States Research, Part I (Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FUGA, FMGS)
- From Confusion to Conclusion: Writing Proof Arguments (Kimberly Powell and Harold Henderson, CG)
- Getting Started with Genetic Genealogy (Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, CGL)
- Advanced DNA Analysis (CeCe Moore, Angie Bush)
- Diving Deeper into New England (Advanced) (D. Joshua Taylor, MA)
- Advanced Evidence Analysis Practicum (Angela McGhie)
Attendees have time to explore Salt Lake City’s many attractions as well as spend time outside of the course researching at the FHL. The library is a short walk from the Institute’s location.
When making your travel plans, you may also want to consider attending the Association of Professional Genealogist’s Professional Management Conference (PMC), which will be held the Thursday and Friday before the Institute begins. You can check their website (https://www.apgen.org/conferences/index.html) for more information. You can experience two great events being held back-to-back at one location!
Sign-up before October 31st and you will save over 10% off your registration. Become a member of UGA and increase your savings even more. For more information on the Institute and registration information go to http://www.infouga.org/cpage.php?pt=42 .