GALESBURG, ILLINOIS 3 September 2015: From 28 May through 1 June 2015 the first Carl Sandburg Institute of Genealogy will be held at Carl Sandburg College in Galesburg, Illinois. Four tracks of study over 4.5 days are scheduled. Nationally-known genealogical-research experts will present the following tracks:
- Refining Internet and Digital Skills for Genealogy (coordinator Cyndi Ingle of CyndisList)
- Advanced Methodology and Analysis (coordinator Michael John Neill of Genealogy Tip of the Day) The Advancing Genealogist: Research Standards, Tools, and Records (coordinator Debbie Mieszala, CGSM)
- Germanic Research Sources and Methods (coordinator Teresa McMillin, CGSM)
Getting to Galesburg is easy. Galesburg is:
- located on Interstate 74,
- one hour from Moline or Peoria airports,
- two hours from Springfield, and
- has four daily Amtrak trains from Chicago (and direct routes from many locations including Denver, Omaha, Kansas City, and Salt Lake City).
Registration opens in September and will be announced on the website (http://www.sandburggenealogy.com) and on social media, including the CSIG Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/sandburggenealogy).
Email Michael John Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to mailing list for announcements.
Hotel and meal plan information is forthcoming.
Carl Sandburg College is located in the heart of the Midwest and has received national accolades for its innovative use of technology and state of the art instructional facilities. CG or Certified Genealogist is a service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists.