"Take Me Home Country Roads"Proposals are now being accepted for the Utah Genealogical Association South Davis Family History Fair, which will be held Saturday April 23, 2016 at Woods Cross High School (600 West 2200 South Woods Cross, Utah)
Each presentation will be 60 minutes in length which includes time for questions and answers. Presentations should reflect the latest status of research and publication on the topic. The deadline for proposals is Monday, February 8th, 2016 . We welcome proposals that allow participants to gain new skills and information in the following:
- Getting Started: Those new to family history or who have never done research, or other beginner topics
- Online Research: Using computers, technology and the Internet for family history research, Genealogical websites, etc.
- Research Methodology: Beginning, intermediate and advanced research methodology in an area specific region in the world. Including pedigree analysis, evidence evaluation, tracing immigrants, LDS research, records sources, etc.
- Technology: Family History databases and programs, getting teenagers involved, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, APPs for Smartphones, IPADs, YouTube, EBooks, digital photography, audio recording, etc.
- Family History: Family organizations, family collaboration, writing a personal or family history, editing and publishing family history, etc.
- Full name of the presenter, current e-mail, telephone number
- A brief biographical sketch of the presenter for the syllabus (50 words maximum)
- Title of the presentation
- Short class descriptions (50 words maximum)
- Lecture experience
Speakers participating in the Conference will receive:
- Complimentary registration
- Free lunch
- Computers, projectors, and Internet access will be provided for speakers to use for their presentations.
Completed syllabus must be submitted no later than March 31st, 2016.