- Findmypast announces free access to historical records this weekend
- Over 8 billion records available to everyone to search for free
- Local subscribers granted World access, and World subscribers enjoy 3 days added to their subscription
- Millions of records you won't find anywhere else, including fascinating WW2 Prisoner of War records, millions of England & Wales Crime records and the incredible British in India collection
- The largest online collection of England & Wales Electoral registers, containing over 220 million names
- Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century
- The largest online collection of UK parish records, dating back to 1538
- Historical newspapers from across the world, including nearly 13 million British newspaper dating all the way back to 1710
- The most comprehensive collection of UK military records anywhere online
- The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
- Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
- An easy to use online family tree builder, which allows you to import and export your tree if you’ve built it elsewhere
- Our Family Tree hints feature, which will suggest potential matches between the ancestors in your tree and records from our archives
Access to the 1939 Register has not been included and pay as you go credits will be required in order to unlock household records.
Extended access for existing users
It’s not only new users who’ll enjoy special family history research opportunities this weekend. Those with current Findmypast Local subscriptions (with an active Britain, Ireland, US & Canada or Australia & New Zealand subscription) will be able to access Findmypast’s historical World records during the free access weekend, and those with active World subscriptions will have an additional three days added to their subscription.
Find out more at Findmypast’s dedicated Free Weekend page.
- FindMyPast – US & CA: http://www.findmypast.co.us/freeweekend
- FindMyPast – UK: http://www.findmypast.co.uk/freeweekend
- FindMyPast – AU & NZ: http://www.findmypast.com.au/freeweekend
- FindMyPast – IE: http://www.findmypast.ie/freeweekend
Findmypast (previously DC Thomson Family History) is a British-owned world leader in online genealogy. It has an unrivalled record of online innovation in the field of family history and 18 million registered users across its family of online brands, which includes Mocavo, Genes Reunited, and The British Newspaper Archive amongst others.
Its lead brand, also called Findmypast, is a searchable online archive of over 8 billion family history records, from parish records and censuses to migration records, military collections, historical newspapers and lots more. For members around the world, the site is a crucial resource for building family trees and doing detailed historical research.
In April 2003 Findmypast was the first to provide access to the complete birth, marriage, and death indexes for England & Wales, winning the Queen’s Award for Innovation. Since that time, the company has digitized records from across the globe, including major collections from Britain, Ireland, Australia, and the United States.