January 1, 2016 – Burbank, CA - The Southern California Genealogical Society is pleased to announce the 47th Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree. The conference will be held at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, Burbank, California, Friday through Sunday, June 3-5, 2016. Registration is now open and available on the Jamboree website at http://genealogyjamboree.com/.
Jamboree 2016 offers an exceptional educational opportunity for family historians and genealogists of all experience levels. The theme for Jamboree 2016 is “Giving to the Future by Preserving the Past.” We welcome all attendees who are interested genealogy and preserving the past for future generations. Our heritage focus is on German, Eastern European and African-American research. Topics covered include research methods, analysis and problem solving, organization techniques, family history writing, the use of technology, and more.
Jamboree 2016 will feature:
- Over 55 national, regional and local speakers
- JamboFREE sessions Friday morning including Beginning Genealogy, Librarians' Boot Camp, Why and How to Become a Professional Genealogist, Using Social Media for Genealogy, and Genealogy & DNA Roundtables
- Five specialty workshops (separate fee required)
- Free exhibit hall throughout the weekend
- Research tours Thursday and Friday
- Special activities each day
- One-on-one research assistance provided by members of the Southern California Chapter, Association of Professional Genealogists
Early Bird registration ends April 23, 2016. Special pricing for 2016 offers a discount to those who register for both Jamboree and “The Future of the Past: Genetic Genealogy 2016” as well as discounts for SCGS members for each event.
Don’t forget to make your hotel reservations! The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel room reservations are now open. Room rates range from $165 to $185 per night. To make your reservations online, visit http://www.tinyurl.com/jambo2016Hotel/, or call directly at 800.736.9712. Be sure to mention the group "SCGS Conference" when making your reservation to get the Jamboree rate and to guarantee your room.
The best way to keep in touch with Jamboree and the Genetic Genealogy conference is to subscribe to the Jamboree blog, http://www.genealogyjamboree.blogspot.com/, either through RSS feed or by updates sent directly to your email. Information on Jamboree activities and schedule details will be updated regularly on the Jamboree website http://www.genealogyjamboree.com/.