An exciting international genealogy conference that offers researchers new dimensions in German-American cooperation and information-sharing is scheduled for July 28-29, 2017, in Minneapolis, Minn.
Our society is part of the German-American Genealogical Partnership organizing this international conference, and you as a member are invited to participate.
This is a unique conference, organized through an international Partnership of societies across the United States and Europe. The 2017 conference “CONNECTIONS: International. Cultural. Personal” is hosted by our Minnesota-based Germanic Genealogy Society. It is a great opportunity for real progress in your genealogical research:
- Make personal connections with people from other organizations both in the United States and in Germany.
- Learn new insights directly from Germanic genealogy experts worldwide. Choose from more than 30 presentations over two full days.
- Become part of the conference surname and locality database to match up with others attending, including visitors from Germany and other countries worldwide.
- Use study rooms equipped with computers and experts there to help you, including help with German script, language, and online research.
- Take advantage of opportunities for impromptu gatherings by region or special interest.
- Settle down in casual seating for 1-on-1 discussions with others you’ve connected with.
- Explore the large field of major genealogy vendors.
We hope you can join us in the German-American Genealogical Partnership’s first-ever international conference. It’s a wonderful and unique opportunity.
Save the date: July 28-29, 2017.
Conference location: Minneapolis, Minnesota — at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest Hotel and conference center (in Brooklyn Park, a Minneapolis suburb).
Early-bird registration begins in January 2017 at an early-bird discounted conference rate. There will also be an additional partner discount available through our society as a Partnership member. Beginning April 1, 2017, registration is at the regular conference rate. You will be able to register by mail or online. Watch for more information.
Lodging: A block of rooms will be reserved for conference attendees at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest Hotel, 7025 Northland Dr. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428. Hotel reservations will open by early August 2016. We will send out an announcement when the special phone number and Marriott reservation link for our conference are set up.
For more information: See the Germanic Genealogy Society website “Partnership” pages. Go to www.ggsmn.org, click “German Partnership” in the left menu.
We are looking forward to a great conference next year, with Germanic family researchers coming together from across the continents. We very much hope you will be able to join us.
Please watch for more information over the coming months. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email us at Partnership@GGSMN.org.