Call for APG Sponsored Lecture Proposals - 2017 FGS Conference in Pittsburgh PA
DEADLINE – Friday, 17 June 2016
APG will be sponsoring a lecture at the Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, to be held August 30 through September 2, 2017.
We invite members to submit proposals for an advanced presentation that would be of interest to experienced genealogists. We are specifically seeking dynamic and innovative proposals that will provide an exceptional learning experience for both members and non-members of APG. It is preferred that this conference be the first time the presentation will be given at the national level.
We welcome and encourage newer speakers, but if you do not have a lot of speaking experience outside of your local area, we suggest you include a recommendation from a well-known genealogist or speaker who has heard one of your presentations, and/or a link to an online video or clip from a past presentation.
APG offers an honorarium of $300. The session will be limited to one hour and should include time for questions from the audience. The APG sponsored speaker will also receive complimentary registration from FGS and electronic syllabus materials.
Proposals should include:
- Speaker’s full name, address, telephone, and e-mail address
- Lecture title & description (title + description no more than 230 characters)
- Short summary of the lecture, not to exceed 50 words
- Lecture outline (not required)
- Resume of recent lectures
- Brief speaker biography, not to exceed 50 words
- Long speaker biography, not to exceed 500 words
Send proposals to the APG office via e-mail to email@example.com.
Kathleen W. Hinckley