August 23, 2016
BOARD FOR CERTIFICATION OF GENEALOGISTS WELCOMES FIVE TRUSTEES - THREE NEW AND TWO RE-ELECTED
Returning for another three-year term as trustees of the Board for Certification of Genealogists are:
- Laurel T. Baty, CG, of Columbia, Maryland. She has been certified since 2012, specializes in Southern research, serves as the BCG's ACTION list administrator, and is currently a mentor for ProGen 27.
- Michael Grant Hait Jr., CG, of Harrington, Delaware. He has been certified since 2011, is a full-time genealogy researcher, author, and lecturer, and is Co-Founder of the Virtual Institute of Genealogical Research.
Joining them are three newly elected trustees:
- LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, CG, of Washington, D.C. She has been board-certified since 2015, teaches and lectures on African-American genealogy, and serves as the co-chair of BCG's Intellectual Property Committee.
- Patricia Lee Hobbs, CG, of Clever, Missouri. She has been board-certified since 2014, and is a local history and genealogy reference associate at the public library in Springfield, Missouri. She serves as a trustee on the BCG Education Fund.
- David Ouimette, CG, CGL, of Highland, Utah. He has been board-certified since 2010, and manages Content Strategy at FamilySearch, prioritizing the acquisition and online publication of worldwide records and guiding record selection for collaborative projects with Ancestry.com, Findmypast, and MyHeritage.
All 15 trustees are certified, and all serve without compensation. Five are elected by certified associates each year. The new trustees' terms of office will begin at the end of the October 10 trustees' meeting in Salt Lake City.
For questions or more information contact: Nicki Birch, CG, office@BCGcertification.org.
The words Certified Genealogist are a registered certification mark, and the designations CG, CGL and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluation.