MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
BCG OFFERS A FREE DAY OF QUALITY GENEALOGY EDUCATION OCTOBER 7, 2016 IN SALT LAKE CITY
Top genealogists Ann Staley, David McDonald, Elizabeth Shown Mills, Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, Judy Russell, and Pamela Sayer will present six one-hour lectures in Salt Lake City, Friday, October 7, between 9 AM and 5 PM. The lectures are free and open to the public, sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists. The board is an independent certifying body and author of the updated 2014 Genealogy Standards.
Times, topics, and speakers:
- 9-10 a.m. - "Enough is Enough. Or is it?" Pamela Sayre, CG, CGL
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. - "FAN + GPS + DNA: The Problem-Solvers Great Trifecta" Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - "Black Sheep Ancestors and Their Records" Ann Staley, CG, CGL
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. - Lunch break
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. - "Bringing Life to Our Ancestors: Manuscript Collections" Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG
- 2:45-3:45 p.m. - "Document Transcription & Analysis: A Workshop" David McDonald, D.Min., CG
- 4-5 p.m. - "When Worlds Collide: Resolving Conflicting Evidence" Judy G. Russell, J.D., CG, CGL
“Whether you stop in for one lecture or all six, you will learn more about how to apply good methodology to your own family research,” said President Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG. “The Board for Certification of Genealogists strives to foster public confidence in genealogy by promoting an attainable, uniform standard of competence and ethics. Educating all family historians of every level is part of this mission.”
For questions or more information contact office@BCGcertification.org.
The words Certified Genealogist are a registered certification mark, and the designations CG and CGL proprietary service marks, of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by authorized associates following peer-reviewed competency evaluations.