- 17 January – Michael Leclerc, CG, “Writing up your Research”
- 21 February – Karen Stanbary, CG, “Weaving DNA Test Results into a Proof Argument”
- 21 March – Rebecca Koford, CG, “Are You My Grandpa? Men of the Same Name”
- 18 April – Rick Sayre, CG, “The Genealogy in Government Documents”
- 16 May – Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, “MAXY DNA: Correlating mt-at-X-Y DNA with the GPS”
- 20 June – Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, “Beating the Bushes: Using the GPS to Find Jacob Bush’s Father”
- 18 July - Angela Packer McGhie, CG, “Analyzing Documents Sparks Ideas for Further Research"
- 15 August – LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, CG, “Analyzing Probate Records of Slaveholders to Identify Enslaved Ancestors“
- 19 September – Tom Jones, PhD, CG, “When Does Newfound Evidence Overturn a Proved Conclusion?“
- 17 October, David Ouimette, CG, “Databases, Search Engines, and the Genealogical Proof Standard”
- 21 November – Malissa Ruffner, JD, CG, “Research in Federal Records: Some Assembly Required”
- 19 December – Judy Russell, JD, CG, CGL, “The Law and the Reasonably Exhaustive (Re)Search”
President Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG, says, “The Board for Certification of Genealogists is excited to offer this webinar series that supports our mission to provide education for family historians. These webinars will address genealogy standards for research. By promoting a uniform standard of competence and ethics, the BCG endeavors to foster public confidence in genealogy.”
To register for any of these webinars, please visit our page at Legacy Family Tree Webinars: http://familytreewebinars.com/BCG.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. For more information contact: office@BCGcertification.org.
View BCG’s past Legacy webinars at http://familytreewebinars.com/BCG and http://BCGcertification.org/blog/bcg-webinars. For more information on BCG’s education opportunities, please visit: http://familytreewebinars.com/BCG.