Illinois State Genealogical Society Announces Its Annual Fall Conference to be held October 27 and 28, 2017
Lecture proposals are now being accepted for the Illinois State Genealogical Society 2017 Annual Fall Conference to be held October 27 & 28, 2017 at iWireless Center in Moline, IL.
This year’s conference theme is “Build Your Family Tree: DNA, Research, and Writing.” The ISGS Conference draws attendees of all experience levels, from the beginner to the professional and the hobbyist. Submissions utilizing our theme to promote the expansion of our knowledge and skills are encouraged as well as:
- Midwest Resources
- Northwest Territory
Criteria for Presentations
Presentations will be 60 minutes, which includes 10 minutes reserved for questions and answers. Speakers must provide their own digital projector.
Submission of Proposals
Speakers may submit up to 6 presentations. Speakers interested in presenting lecture presentations must submit their proposals through the online application form, click here. All submissions must include:
- Speaker's full name, address, telephone, and e-mail address
- Speaker biography, not to exceed 50 words
- Title of presentation
- Detailed presentation summary, not to exceed 100 words
- Brief, but detailed outline
- Audience level: beginner, intermediate, advanced, or all
- List of previous speaking engagements
Speakers giving lectures will receive:
- Complimentary Conference registration and digital syllabus
- Complimentary Lunch for Saturday presentations
- Honorarium of $150 for each one-hour presentation
- Travel compensation depending on location of speaker’s residence
- Hotel accommodation(s) based on the number of lectures are presented
The deadline for submission of proposals is February 27, 2017. Notifications will be sent via email to all speakers who submitted proposals no later than March 10, 2017. Syllabus format guidelines will be sent to selected speakers at that time.
Link to ISGS call for proposals: http://www.ilgensoc.org/cpage.php?pt=537. Contact the Conference Committee at email@example.com with any questions.
About the Illinois State Genealogical Society
The Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS) was formed in 1968 through the cooperative effort and forward thinking of Illinois genealogical society representatives, who envisioned a statewide genealogical organization. ISGS is a not-for-profit, nonsectarian, educational organization.