National Genealogy Conference Continues to Tap into Social Media
May 31, 2011 – Austin, TX. The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS), along with local host Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS), announce the Official Bloggers for the upcoming FGS 2011 Conference - Pathways to the Heartland – to be held in Springfield, Illinois, September 7-10, 2011. The Official Bloggers are:
- Amy Coffin of We Tree (http://wetree.blogspot.com)
- Schelly Talalay Dardashti of MyHeritage Blog (http://genblog.myheritage.com) and Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy Blog (http://tracingthetribe.blogspot.com)
- Dick Eastman of Eastman’s Online Genealogical Newsletter (http://www.eogn.com)
- Jen Holik-Urban of Chicago Family History (http://chicagofamilyhistory.wordpress.com) and GenerationsBiz (http://generationsbiz.com)
- Linda McCauley of Documenting the Details (http://lfmccauley.blogspot.com)
- Gena Philibert Ortega of Gena’s Genealogy (http://philibertfamily.blogspot.com) and Food.Family.Ephemera (http://foodfamilyephemera.blogspot.com)
- Carolyn Pointer of Family Stories (http://yourfamilystory-cmpointer.blogspot.com) and For Your Family Story (http://www.4yourfamilystory.com)
- Ol’ Myrt of DearMYRTLE (http://www.dearmyrtle.com)
- Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings (http://www.geneamusings.com)
- Ginger Smith of Genealogy by Ginger (http://genealogybyginger.blogspot.com)
With less than 100 days left before the start of FGS 2011, be sure to follow each of the Official Bloggers for their perspective on the upcoming conference. Many will be posting about research resources in the Springfield, Illinois area, what to pack for the conference and more. In addition, during the conference look to the Official Bloggers for live reporting via blog posts, Facebook and Twitter.
Complete conference information can be found on the conference website at http://www.fgs.org/2011conference/. We look forward to seeing you in Springfield in September!
Learn More and Stay Connected
- Subscribe to Conference eUpdates: 2011Conference@fgs.org (place “Subscribe” in Subject line)
- Visit the Conference News Blog: http://www.fgsconferenceblog.org
- Follow the Conference on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/fgs2011 and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/fgs2011
- Discover Springfield: http://www.visit-springfieldillinois.com
About the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS)
The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) was founded in 1976 and represents the members of hundreds of genealogical societies. FGS links the genealogical community by helping genealogical societies strengthen and grow through resources available online, FGS Forum magazine (filled with articles pertaining to society management and genealogical news), and Society Strategy Series papers, covering topics about effectively operating a genealogical society. FGS also links the genealogical community through its annual conference -- four days of excellent lectures, including one full day devoted to society management topics. To learn more visit http://www.fgs.org.