Oct 2, 2013– Salt Lake City, UT - The Utah Genealogical Association (UGA) is pleased to announce the formation of a Student Chapter to serve and support younger generations who are interested in genealogy and family history.
UGA Student Chapter participation will be open to all those 25 years old and under regardless of where they live. Also, until the end of 2013 we are offering free one-year UGA memberships to those that sign up and provide proof of age / student status. This membership is not required to be a member of the UGA Student Chapter, however there are many benefits that will be available for those that choose to do so.
The UGA Student Chapter is under the leadership of Michael Melendez, Mike Savoca, Paul Woodbury, and Trisha Faddis. They all have a passion for family history and are anxious to invite and envolve their peers in this new chapter.
There are plans for online virtual gatherings, other social media interactions and special discounts where applicable. Two Facebook pages are already in place. Anyone can like and follow the fan page - https://www.facebook.com/ugastudentchapter. The group page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/400260863429525 is restricted to those who are members.
Those 25 and under are invited to participate in the new Student Chapter, as well as become a member of UGA.
About the Utah Genealogical Association
The Utah Genealogical Association (UGA) is an enthusiastic community of researchers who desire to improve their research skills and more effectively utilize genealogical resources. UGA provides genealogical information, sources and education through personal instruction and published media on state and national family history topics, while promoting high standards and ethical practices.
UGA was formally organized September 25, 1971, and chartered December 1, 1971, by the State of Utah as a non-profit educational organization. UGA is not affiliated with any religious or political organization.
To learn more visit – http://www.ugagenealogy.org
Also follow us on – https://www.facebook.com/ugagenealogy and Twitter: @ugagenealogy
Benefits of being a member of UGA will enable you to receive access to:
- Virtual Chapter Meetings: Online instructional meetings held the third Thursday of each month.
- First Families of Utah: Recognizing and documenting prominent early Utah families
- Utah Indexing Projects including,: Births, Marriages, Death and Burial Records
- Access to Rare Marriage records from 1851-1884 in Utah
- Crossroads Magazine: UGA's Quarterly magazine with articles pertinent to Genealogy and related subjects
- Discounts for Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy
- Discounts for Semi-Annual UGA Family History Conferences
- Discounts for various businesses and products